Last updated: July 22, 2020.
Processing Activities Covered
- Visit our website at binti.com, any branded social media pages or our offices;
- Receive communications from us, including emails, phone calls, texts or fax;
- Use our Binti Platform (family.binti.com) as an authorized user (“User”) where we act as a controller of your Personal Information (for example, as an employee of one of our customers who provided you with access to our services); or
- Register for, attend or take part in our events or webinars.
Our website may contain links to other websites, applications, and services maintained by third parties. The information practices of other services, or of social media platforms that host our branded social media pages, are governed by their privacy policies, which you should review to better understand their privacy practices.
Personal Information We Collect
During your use of the Services, we will collect, use, disclose, store, and process your Personal Information, which is any information that identifies you or may make you identifiable. When you use our Services, we generally collect the Personal Information listed below. The personal information we collect directly from you includes identifiers, professional or employment-related information, financial account information, commercial information and internet activity information. For instance:
- If you express an interest in obtaining additional information about our services or a demo of our services; use our “Contact Us” or similar features; when you interact with our customer support or marketing team, or download certain contact, we may require to you provide us with certain Personal Information such as your name, company or agency name, email address, phone number, and billing information.
- If you interact with our website or emails, we may automatically collect information about your device and your usage of our websites or emails (such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or other identifiers, using cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies.
- If you use and interact with our Services, we may automatically collect information about your device and your usage of our services through log files and other technologies.
- If you visit our offices, you may be required to register as a visitor and to provide your name, email address, phone number, company name and time and date of arrival.
- If you post information on message boards, chat features, blogs and other services or platforms to which you are able to post information and materials (including third party services and platforms).
- We also may record our telephone or other communications with you, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- If you apply to work with us throughout website, we will collect Personal Information about such as contact information, your employment background, and education and other information or materials depending on the position of interest.
- If you are a User of the Binti Platform, we may collect information, such as your name and email address, and other information to assist you with using the Binti Platform. We also collect any information that you provide to us when you contact us for customer service, technical support, or for any other purposes relating to the Binti Platform.
Binti uses the Google AdWords remarketing service to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to our site. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who haven’t completed a task on our site, for example using the contact form to make an inquiry. This could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a site in the Google Display Network. You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
Do not track. Some browsers have a ”do not track” feature that allows you to tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, due to a lack of industry standards, we do not respond to browser ”do not track” signals. To learn more about interest-based advertising or to opt-out of this type of advertising, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website and the Digital Advertising Alliance website. Options you select are browser- and device-specific.
Why We Collect Your Information
We may use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Communicate, respond to requests and process transactions: We may use Personal Information to communicate with you, respond to your requests or provide information requested by you. Binti may also use Personal Information, including financial, credit card and payment information, to process your transactions.
- Provide support: We may use your Personal Information and other data we collect from you to provide you with support in relation to the Binti Platform and our Services.
- Account administration: If you are a User of the Binti Platform, we may use Personal Information to provide you with or facilitate your use of the Platform, to manage your account, and to communicate with you about your use of the Platform. This may include managing updates and fixes, providing support and recommendations, and sending other administrative or account-related communications.
- Security: We may use Personal Information to help monitor, prevent and detect fraud, enhance security, monitor and verify identity or access, and combat spam or other malware or security risks.
Quality control and training: Binti may use or access Personal Information for the purposes of quality control related to the Services and staff training.
- Improve the Binti Platform: We may use Personal Information and other data that we collect from to better understand our customers, Users and website visitors and the way they use and interact with our services, including their user experience. We use this information to provide a personalized experience, to implement the preferences you request, to improve quality and reliability, and to diagnose issues with and improve the Platform and related experiences.
- To review your job application: If you apply for a position through our website, we will use the information you supply to process your application and to gather recruitment statistics. Your Personal Information will be maintained in accordance with our records retention guidelines.
- Protect our employees and facilities: Binti may use Personal Information as necessary to protect the health and safety of our employees and visitors, our facilities and our property and other rights.
- Marketing: We may use information we obtains from you, your interactions with Binti to provide you with marketing and promotional communications, to deliver targeted and relevant advertising and marketing to you, to determine the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional campaigns, to better understand you and your preferences, and to position and promote our products and services, as permitted under the applicable law.
- Other legitimate business purposes: We may use your Personal Information when it is necessary for other legitimate purposes such as protecting our confidential and proprietary information.
- Legal and regulatory compliance. Certain laws or regulations apply to our Services that may require us to process your Personal Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
- Service providers and business partners: We authorize service providers to use or disclose the information only as necessary to perform services on behalf of Binti (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our website). We require these service providers by contract to safeguard the privacy and security of Personal Information that they process on our behalf.
- Compliance with laws and law enforcement requests: We may disclose information about you to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- Customer Agencies: As part of the services we provide to our customer agencies, we collect certain information from Users of the Binti Portal on behalf of our customers to enable them to provide you with their services in relation to foster family approval, case management, etc. You should contact your agency for more information about how it processes your personal information.
- Consent. We may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose with your consent.
Your Choices and Rights
If you would like to correct or update Personal Information that you have provided to us, please contact us. We will use responsible efforts to respond to your inquiry as soon as practicable. When updating your Personal Information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your requests.
You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from Binti by clicking “unsubscribe” in any marketing email communications we send you.
Security and Confidentiality
We care about the security of your Personal Information, and employ appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security that is appropriate and follow generally accepted standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We will maintain your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
No method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you ever find a security issue, or simply have a security related concern, please reach out directly to us.
Binti’s Services are not directed at children or users under the age of 18. Binti does not knowingly solicit Personal Information from children under the age of 18 or send them requests for Personal Information.